Proofreading & Editing
- Proofreading- and editing services for a large number of English text types from first to final draft
- Developing and fine-tuning all the areas that make texts structurally sound, interesting and convincing to the reader
- Academic papers (presentations, research and term papers, manuscripts, proposals,
bachelor/master/doctoral theses, articles…)
- Business documents (white papers, reports, manuals, press releases, marketing materials…)
- Web content (mission statements, blog posts, editorials, service offers, newsletters…)
- Communication (letters, emails, social media posts…)
- Applications, resumes, motivational letters
- Finishing touches on mostly finished documents, only surface level corrections
- Language (appropriate expressions, contractions, forms of address…)
- Punctuation (use of the comma, semicolon, hyphenation…)
- Grammar (tenses, cases, subjunctive mood…)
- Syntax (word order, time and place…)
- Formatting errors
- Collaborative work on the text from first draft to final version
- Overall structure, continuity, argumentative structure
- Consistency of content and arguments, word count reduction, stringency, clarity, logically consistent arguments
- Correct and consistent use of abbreviations, spelling, hyphenation
- Avoidance of redundancies, fillers
- Style (academic, professional, appropriate tone, etc.)
- Compliance with conventions (citation, footnotes, formal requirements, layout, etc.)
- Continuous collaboration, feedback, suggestions for improvement
Base for proofreading according to DIN ISO
- Oxford English Dictionary (UK), Merriam-Webster (US)
- Regulations for writing and composition of texts according to DIN 5008:2011
- Regulations for writing and composition of texts according to DIN 5008:2019
English Studies – Archeology – Architecture – Business Administration – German Studies – History – Engineering Sciences – Journalism – Communication Studies – Cultural Studies – Art History – Literary Studies – Marketing – Media Studies – Medicine – Education – Philology – Philosophy – Political Science – Psychology – Journalism – Romance Studies – Sociology – Rhetoric – Economics
Proofreading: Payment per standard page
Presentations, reports, blog posts, etc.
Press releases, newsletters, magazines, etc.
Theses, white paper, articles, essays, etc.
Editing: Payment per working hour (45 minutes)
School up to Abitur, simple reports, etc.
Bachelor, Master, articles, papers, etc.
Doctoral theses, scientific articles, etc.